1. My friends are amazing. Since J left for Germany, they've really stepped in with their support and love. Don't know what I'd do without them.
2. Roses from my sweet husband. He is the best.
3. My coworkers seem like a great bunch of people. Half of them are Columbia Law alums, which is kinda fun. We had a CLS alumni happy hour yesterday and most of the alums who showed up were from my company.
4. Work related functions have distracted me from missing J. Two welcome lunches at some amazing restaurants, dinner at a coworker's house, and a welcome happy hour.
5. We use Skype at work to communicate with each other. That's amazing, especially since it means I can also Skype with J in the middle of the day if need be.
6. I have unlimited vacation days.Yep, you read that right, unlimited...at least for the foreseeable future, anyway. There's no official vacation policy, but rumor has it there's one coming down the pipeline. But for now, it's nice to not have to worry about accruing time or hoarding days.
7. My work laptop is a MacBook Pro. Also, my company is paying my cell phone bill (plus unlimited data usage) since we all use iPhones for work.
8. No one cares what I wear at the office. I've decided to stop changing into flats and stay in my flip flops. Lots of people wearing jeans. I think I'm going to try to get away with yoga pants in the winter.
9. My headaches have ceased. Not holding my breath that they've disappeared completely, but I've been relatively headache free since I returned to the States.
10. Brunch at Snooze with the lovely CL and then off to Westminster to spend Mother's Day weekend with J's aunt. There's going to be some work thrown in there (ah, the joys of corporate life), but I can't complain. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment