Friday, February 3, 2012

Snow Day!

Well, not quite. I did go into work this morning because I didn't want to lose the overtime that I had worked earlier in the week, but a coworker and I decided to make our escape while the storm temporarily abated. I'm glad we left when we did because the storm is in full force again and the snow is coming down fast and furious. It took me only five minutes after I got home to change into yoga pants, put on some Nickel Creek and Brad Paisley, and ensconce myself in a fleece blanket and woolly slippers. As I write this, I can hear the wind whipping through the streets and the whine of snow plows futilely trying to clear the sidewalks. A good day to be inside if there ever was one.

It's a wonderful thing to sit next to the window with my feet propped up on the old cast-iron hot water radiator and watch the snow fall. The radiators in this building are old school--they, in addition to the wood floors, are what I love most about my apartment (they're also the key to my ridiculously low energy bill of 15 bucks per month). I've been catching up on some reading and writing and journaling. Maybe I'll take a nap. Drink some tea. Doodle. I've had a somewhat stressful week, so this is a great way to start the weekend.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment