Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good News/Bad News

Good News
1. I have employment (for the next nine to twelve months)! It's a contract attorney position with a financial firm. I'm excited--worst case scenario is that I'll have a job for the next year even if nothing permanent arises and I'll be able to visit J in Germany once his deployment is finished.

2. TransCanada agreed to move its proposed pipeline out of the Sandhills (and they said it was impossible, ha!). Big sigh of relief. J's parents' ranch sits on one of the deepest parts of the Ogallala aquifer, so I'd been following this closely.

3. My next door neighbor is this really nice, slightly older woman who rides a Vespa, has cool-looking vintage furniture, and seems really neighborly. Yesterday, she lent me two screwdrivers.

Bad News
1. My neighbor directly below me seems to be a douchebag. Not the "I'm a frat boy on roids" douchebag but more like a "self-righteous liberal who listens to NPR at full blast and thinks he's awesome at singing and playing the guitar (Author's note: he's not) and screams 'F*** you' at his girlfriend when they're fighting" kind of douchebag. He's skinny and I could kick his ass if need be, so no worries there.

2. The walls/floors of this apartment complex are thin. See Number 1.

3. Am trying to spend less time on my laptop. It's not working.

1 comment:

  1. Hello long lost! Hope this finds you well and congrats on your job! Prayers it's a good fit for the time being... Hang in there through this long haul. God bless!

    ReplyDelete