Good news: J's orders for his four month training class will allow us to break our lease early without being billed for the remaining rent. There was some discussion as to whether or not short-term, non-deployment orders would be sufficient to get us out of our lease sans penalty. Texas law provides only that servicemembers with PCS (permanent change of station) and deployment orders may terminate lease agreements. Furthermore, since my name is on the lease and the orders are only for four months, the leasing company could have argued that it wasn't required to accommodate us since I could still reside in the apartment. Long story short, it all worked out and we can move out when we need.
Bad news: My parents keep haranguing me about our Thanksgiving and Christmas plans. J and I can barely plan ahead week to week, so no, we haven't thought about what we're doing for the holidays. I realize that my parents aren't accustomed to the unpredictability of military life, but still...sheesh.
Good news: Temperatures have cooled down considerably in San Antonio, which means the mornings have been beautiful and I've been reading and working poolside. I feel like I'm finally receiving my reward for having tolerated a ridiculously hot and humid summer.
Bad news: My back is killing me and my hamstring has gotten worse again, despite months of physical therapy. Sigh.
Good news: J and I have been eating better--fewer carbs, less sugar, more veggies. We've been lazy and lethargic for awhile now, so this was a good starting point on the road to healthier living.
Bad news: My banjo teacher is busy and can't start lessons until the beginning of November. So I guess I'll take
Good news: TGI Friday, Friday, Friday! [cue annoying music] It's been a long week fraught with work drama (not involving me, thank goodness), and I'm so ready for a quiet weekend of relaxation and organization, now that we can finally get ready for our impending move. Have a good weekend, y'all.
Back patio at Tuk Tuk Taproom, our new neighborhood haunt
No comments:
Post a Comment