J is off doing his Reserve weekend, so I'm in the midst of three full days to myself. Feels a bit strange. Other than during the workday, we're together pretty much all the time. Now that I can sit up a bit more, I've busied myself with the following:
Knitting.
Practicing the mandolin.
Drinking coffee with my feet in the pool, reading short stories by Alice Munro.
Perusing the produce at the farmers market and chatting with the elderly rancher who sells me oxtail.
Catching up on online sermons from Flatirons Church.
Working on a crafty project that I can't reveal just yet.
Listening to Ricky Skaggs and Earl Scruggs.
Sitting at Bakery Lorraine, reading a book, and eating a blueberry tart with kalamansi cream.
I lead a thrilling life, eh? (Some of you are probably like, "Who is this person?") But it's been the relaxing and rejuvenating weekend that I needed. Happy Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment