Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Recovery

I made it back to Texas in one piece.

Two hours of driving plus three separate flights: North Platte --> Denver --> Houston --> San Antonio.
An exhausting trip, but mostly because I'd stayed up until 2:30am the night before,
letting a three day old kitten sleep on my chest.

I still can't roll over or sit up without pain. I also can't lift anything heavy.
At least my laptop no longer feels like it weighs fifty pounds.

During the past two weeks, I've had to ask for help A LOT.
Like every time I needed to get my suitcase in and out of the overhead compartment.
That's six times.
My fellow passengers were fairly accommodating, but
I hate feeling weak and subject to the whims of other people.

Texas is HOT. I felt the humidity seeping into the plane as soon as we landed in Houston.
Not unexpected, but still a shock to my system.

Yesterday, I sneezed for the first time in weeks and my chest felt like it had been ripped in two.

Happy to be reunited with my husband but missing the Nebraska stillness and open spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment