Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wedding S***t and Other Happenings

Overwhelmingly busy schedules lead to random, bulleted posts like these--

1. Our friend PC's 34th birthday party at The Irish Rover last night was one of the best and most amusing birthday parties J and I have ever attended. Not only did PC rent out the room/bar and generously put down a tab for the entire evening, but the Irish Rover provided a DJ, which led to some ridiculously amazing dance moves. Even J danced up a storm with me! Can't top that.

2. I finally got a haircut, five months after my last one. And my eyebrows waxed. I feel like a normal human being again.

3. My inbox is full of emails to which I need to respond. I feel like a terrible friend. I will write back, promise.

4. Great Sunday evening with our friends JC and KC and their adorable dog Uma, sitting on their porch swing and barbecuing. No better way to close out the weekend.

5. I HATE wedding planning with a vengeance. Who are these women who say that they wish they could plan multiple weddings? Or that they could relive their wedding day over and over again?

And on that note, here is shit that will not be happening before and during the wedding:
  • bachelorette party
  • silly games at the bridal shower
  • bridal shower 
  • bridesmaids
  • fussy hair
  • jewelry, specifically necklaces
  • matching dresses
  • First Corinthians
  • pouring sand or lighting unity candles
  • flower girls or ring bearers
  • cash bar
  • sit down, multi-course dinner
  • cake smushing
  • bridal bouquet toss
  • garter toss
  • the Electric Slide or line dancing of any kind

And I'm done. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment