Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday, Monday

Today happens to be a particularly exhausting Monday.

Our time at the ranch flew by, and it always feels like we're never quite able to do everything that we wanted. We did squeeze in a quick family trip to Broken Bow on Saturday to pick up my wedding boots, run errands, and take J's little brother out to dinner before he headed back to college. On the way back to the ranch, we all stopped by the bar in Mullen for a quick beer. I tell ya, I've never before seen so many toddlers at a bar. It was 10pm! Nothing good can come of that...

Yesterday morning, after digging up some potatoes and watching the kittens play and wrestle in the dirt, we reluctantly tore ourselves away to embark on the six hour drive back to Denver. I do love road tripping--especially because it leads to long and interesting conversations and allows us to listen to lots of music--but I was a bit bummed that we had to return to the city. Luckily, dinner with our friends AR and AC, who happened to be passing through Denver on their way home from vacationing in Iceland(!), was a great way to end the weekend. Nothing better than catching up with old friends.

But now, I feel like I need a vacation to recover from my (working) vacation. It's shaping up to be a busy week at the office, plus we have lots of wedding stuff to do. Blarf. T-minus one month and two days...

A few final pictures from the ranch--

Kittens everywhere!

Riding with the fam

Sadie Bear

Poppa Parsons on his way back to the house

Behind us are a neighbor's cows crowding the road

Morning comes to the chicken coop

View from the house in Merna, where we met up with J's little brother

Final morning at the ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment