Welcome, August! It's been a long, long time since my last post and I've missed you, dear readers. My excuse is that J came home two weeks ago and we've been catching up with each other, adjusting to living together in my 500 square foot apartment, tooling around Denver, seeing family, and meeting up with friends. More to come on that though.
Anyway, I saw this floating around a number of blogs and thought I'd join in the fun.
If you really knew me, you'd know that...
...I'm a morning person. I love getting up early, around 5:30am, and enjoying my tea and the stillness and the knowledge that everyone else is still fast asleep. These days, it's become more difficult for me to stumble to the kitchen before 7am because J is home and my bed is much more warm and inviting, but I'll get back into my routine eventually.
...I'm all about soup. Tomato basil, miso, shark's fin, Hong Kong seafood soup, butternut squash, chicken noodle, I love it all. There's nothing better than warming up on a chilly fall or winter day with a hot bowl of soup. Still trying to develop a taste for split-pea though.
...I don't own a TV and haven't for the past several years. When I moved to Denver, I didn't feel like wasting money on unnecessary purchases and truth be told, I haven't felt like I've missed much. Once J's household goods arrive, we might move his TV to our new apartment--wherever that may be--but we won't be getting cable or anything fancy.
...I love doing things for other people, whether it be making gifts/cards or cooking or helping out with errands. It sounds cliché, but I truly am happier when giving instead of receiving.
...I'm always cold. Even if it's 100 degrees outside, I can feel chilly and I almost always need to sleep with "covers". J thinks I'm slightly insane.
...I am an open book, for better or worse. My mother would be horrified if she knew that certain of my friends and coworkers are privy to the ups and downs of my personal life.
...this wedding is causing me endless irritation. I hate wedding planning and dealing with inconsiderate people who think that this wedding is about them. Surprise! It's not. Can't wait for it all to be over.
...I'm a minimalist when it comes to design, belongings, and life. I like classic lines and simplicity. I find it cathartic to purge my closet regularly and donate stuff to Goodwill. J and I try to live as modestly as possible.
...I'm tickled pink about Denver's plethora of good Asian restaurants--Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, amazing sushi, boba tea shops. RC, my Korean American colleague who grew up in Seattle and worked in San Francisco, thinks Denver is the boonies, but it's all relative. For me, the Asian food scene here is much better than in DC.
...I'm always thinking about food. Bottomless pit, this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment