Sunday, April 1, 2012

Taking a Breather

We. Are. Exhausted.

...which is why we're keeping it low-key this evening and hanging out at our hotel near Schönbrunn Palace, eating kebabs and the most amazing garlicky potato pancakes that we bought from a nearby döner stand. Over the past few days, we've squeezed in so much eating and coffee/beer drinking and park strolling and and market browsing and museum hopping that we decided to indulge in some R&R and save Schönbrunn Palace and the surrounding gardens for Tuesday. Maybe we'll check out the hotel's steam room and sauna later tonight.

Originally, we'd planned to leave Vienna for good tomorrow morning, but there's still so much more we want to see here that we're returning on Tuesday after spending a day and night in Bratislava--I've always wanted to visit Slovakia and Bratislava is only 40 miles away. Words can't describe how much I adore Vienna, but that's a whole post unto itself. I'm hoping that I'll soon have some time to put down my thoughts on paper, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying our crazy European adventure.

Happy Sunday y'all! Hope you've had a wonderful weekend with you and yours.

1 comment: