Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Love Affair With Vienna

Where to begin? I'm grasping for words that adequately describe my love for Vienna--it may be my new favorite city, even more so than NYC. Blasphemy, I know. But though my affinity for NYC knows few bounds, I had yet to encounter a city so wholly steeped in history and art and architecture and classical music, all things that I love so much. New York City is quite the cosmopolitan town, possessing its own energy, idiosyncracies, and cultural treasures, but Vienna possesses a singular historical significance that touches nearly every area of human endeavor. Its storied history as the center of an empire, its role as a cultural crossroads, its legacy of intellectual and artistic innovation--I found a new sliver of bliss at every turn. And though the weather was cold and dreary when we arrived, the drab skies did nothing to detract from Vienna's stately grandeur and beauty. Call it love at first sight.

These photos only depict one side of Vienna--many more pictures to come.








No comments:

Post a Comment