If you're Facebook friends with me, then I suppose that this post is a bit anti-climactic but if you're not on Facebook, here's the news:
We. Are. Staying. In. Denver.
J is separating from the Air Force and I accepted the job offer. After much Skyping, emailing, praying, and consulting with loved ones, we decided that this was the best decision for us.
J notified the Air Force last Friday that he was turning down his assignment, and I signed and submitted my employment agreement with the company. We delayed going public with our decision because J had to deal with bureaucratic shenanigans on the part of the Air Force (surprise surprise), but I think things have been finalized sufficiently that we can share with you all the good news. And so begins a new and exciting period in our lives--there will probably be more changes down the road for J than for me, seeing as how I've been acclimating to life in Denver since last September. I'm not really sure the extent to which civilian life will be an adjustment for J; I'm guessing he's not sure either. But I suppose that's beside the point--we're just happy that soon we'll be able to face any and all challenges together.
sylvia hun just got off a flight and back home from traveling and saw this via fb- CONGRATS!!! so happy for the two of you (and tons excited too!)- owe you an email, but wanted to say right away that this has totally made my night/day/week/month... :o) xoxoxo, b
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks Bet! Let's catch up soon--miss you lots!
Delete