Thank goodness for free wireless at Denver International. I'm well-stocked with books, writing materials, notebooks, and colored pencils, but I do appreciate having Internet access--it's a bit of an addiction, I'll admit.
I'm almost in disbelief that this day has finally arrived. Six months of anxiety and nerves, of ups and downs, of heartache and frustration. Six months of waiting for this moment and it's finally here. The past week has been hectic, what with my parents in town and life changing career decisions, but they were all good distractions...otherwise I'd be counting down the minutes to J's and my long awaited reunion.
My time in DC will be a whirlwind, as I'm trying to squeeze in so much in so little time. I'd expected to stay for a week, but J's travel schedule has shifted and it looks like I'll be in the District for a much shorter period. I'm staying at my old house and am beyond excited to hang out with my former roommates--there will be guac and Tostitos with lime, for old times' sake. My fabulous friend and former coworker MM (née MP) has organized a mini-Specter reunion on Monday evening to celebrate "the return of the Wu," as she phrased it. It'll be great to catch up with everyone.
On Thursday, I visited with our choir director, JM, who has become such a wonderful mentor and close friend. She said to me, "Your face has completely changed. You smile a lot, but you've seemed much more serious. You looked like you were always deep in thought, like something was weighing on you, but not anymore. Now, your face is open and is just lit with happiness. It's wonderful to see." My heart does feel much lighter and a weight has been lifted from my soul, but I won't rest easy until J is safe and in my arms. Soon. Very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment