So now that the initial shock over J's assignment has faded, I'm better able to address the issue of moving more rationally. I did a lot of thinking and writing this morning, and I've gained some clarity, I think.
I have written so much about how much I hate being a lawyer, the tedium of corporate and agency work, the egos and long hours at law firms in big cities. This could be my chance to do something different. Yes, San Angelo is in the middle of nowhere but there are solo practitioners who practice ranch and farming law, which I've wanted to learn. Or I could move into a different career field entirely. As our friend SJ noted to me over lunch today, "This could be an unexpected blessing for both of you" and I think she's absolutely right.
But we still haven't made a definitive decision yet. Above all, I dread leaving Trinity and my church family and the friends I've made here. And decent restaurants and Asian grocery stores. Not that any of these are or should be the factors driving our decision. But wherever we end up, it'll be a good adventure...and be prepared for some interesting updates on life in Texas.

No comments:
Post a Comment