Yeeeeeaaaah.
I mean, seriously?!
Goodfellow AFB is located in San Angelo, Texas. Not San Antonio mind you, San Angelo. If you look at a map, you'll see that San Angelo is literally in the middle of nowhere. Three hours and forty-one minutes from Austin. There's not even a real airport nearby.
So much for getting any of our five choices. I'm guessing the powers that be looked at J's past two assignments and said, "What? Okinawa and Germany? He's already lived it up in paradise--let's send him to the middle of west Texas." I'm being a bit glib--there's quite a bit more that goes into the assignment process. Still, I'm not really sure what I would do in San Angelo. It'll be next to impossible for me to find a job there. Yes, I've already looked.
So now what? J and I have a lot to discuss. That's all I know. Updates to come.
Mural in the Military and Naval Science building at UNL

No comments:
Post a Comment