1. I can't turn down brownies. Ever. I may have eaten three or four of them at work today.
2. The final month of deployment is the longest. The uncertainty of departure dates and the anticipation of our reunion make time stand still. Really *fricking* still. And given the unrest over there, I'm a little jumpy.
3. Muck boots (for mucking out horse stalls), while handy and waterproof during snow storms, are most definitely not made for walking long distances on Denver concrete.
4. Monkfish liver is the most delicious food ever. I ate it today for the first time in several years (I haven't seen it on many sushi restaurant menus) and almost cried with happiness. I should have taken pictures of the event.
5. Solitude is good for the soul. I'm really looking forward to a quiet weekend of relaxation and rejuvenation, and am setting aside time for some serious writing.
Have a lovely Friday, friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment