Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Update

Happy Sunday! A few of the weekend's highlights (in list format, because I have a raging headache), photos to come--

1. Denver Parade of Lights. Hot chocolate from Leela's. Hanging out with friends JS and PS, and their friend CG. And who knew that the Hard Rock Cafe had an amazing apple cobbler?

2. Walking 2.3 miles (one way) to a shoe repair store in Cherry Creek in the snow. Okay, maybe that's not a highlight. But it took up a good part of my Saturday afternoon.

3. Two hour long Skype conversation with J. We haven't been able to Skype very much over the past few weeks, due to crappy internet and his work schedule, so it was really good to talk for such a long time.

4. Wrapping Christmas presents. Writing cards. I find it relaxing.

5. The Christmas market and ice skating. Admittedly, the market was tiny and the food inauthentic (the spätzle was definitely not spätzle), but fun nonetheless. PS, JS, and I caught a few dance performances by a local dance studio while we ate our bread dumplings/spätzle and drank hot cider in the heated tent. We also squeezed in a little shopping and ice skating--brought back good memories of free skates at Tam 'O Shanter.

6. Choir. Today was my first performance with the choir at Trinity, and I loved it. Shortly before the service started, I realized that I'd have to walk (up steps, no less) and sing from a hymnal at the same time, all while trying not to trip on my long robe. I can barely walk and chew gum simultaneously. I managed to not fall flat on my face though.

Next Sunday, we're doing the Magnificat at 11am and then the Christmas Collage concert at 2pm; plus, I'm officially joining Trinity as a new member, and J's parents are coming out for that. Should be a lot of fun. Maybe not as fun? Three hours of rehearsal on Saturday morning.

On a music related note, some of you have asked to see the full version of my high school performance of the Muczynski piano concerto. Here's the entire first movement, if you're so inclined:

No comments:

Post a Comment