Monday, December 19, 2011

Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra

This has been the most festive Christmas season I've ever enjoyed. Ice skating, the Parade of Lights, Christmas concerts, cookie exchanges, Christmas parties...it's been great. Every day, I've found numerous cards and packages waiting for me in my mailbox--cards from new friends and old, peanut brittle from MD's mom, books and cards from J, cute magnets and ornaments from J's mom--and it warms my formerly cynical heart.

Today, I received a surprise gift from Grandpa Wes and Grandma Mary: a box of chocolate covered apricots. Wow, that's old school. I guess you can dip just about anything in chocolate (hold the dirty jokes, please), but I wouldn't have thought to use dried apricots...not sure how I feel about that combination. Still, it's a lovely gesture--I'm touched that the Grandparents Parsons thought of me.

Am trying to store up as much Christmas cheer as possible...I'll need it to get through the next week. Send good thoughts.

Photo cards seem to be the thing this year

No comments:

Post a Comment