Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday at the Museum

Was able to spend a lovely day with my friend C--brunch at Parallel 17 (the smoked pork belly Eggs Benedict was scrumptious) followed by an afternoon of wandering around the Denver Museum of Art. Too much fun! I love art museums.

Incredible architecture

One of my favorite installations -- The Necessity for Ruins, Don Stinson

Fox Games, Sandy Skoglund

Eerie yet fascinating

Why are they both male chairs?

Amazing that this is created out of bronze

We pondered how they brought this into the museum -- flatbed truck?

We had fun playing with this interactive installation

Step on the bubble...

...and it bursts! I'm so easily amused.

Surprisingly, he was a comfy ride

View from the seventh floor

Paintings of different kinds of grass -- no surprise that I loved them

Closeup of grass

Larger than life

How did they do that?

Blue and white porcelain rabbit -- hard to believe that the artist is only 27

No comments:

Post a Comment