1. the abundance of pumpkin everything: bread, cookies, pie, butter, scones...you name it.
2. apple-picking season: Have you ever tried Mutzu apples? My favorite.
3. the changing colors and the smell of crisp autumn air mixed with burning leaves: brings back fond memories of growing up in Ohio.
4. Thanksgiving: Maybe it's because I never had a traditional American upbringing and dreamt about Norman Rockwell Thanksgivings while growing up, but I love everything about Thanksgiving. Last year, I made a full Thanksgiving dinner for J in Germany--turkey, stuffing with apples and sausage, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pecan and pumpkin pie, all from scratch. Am really bummed that I won't be able to do it again this year.
5. early morning runs in the cold: I prefer to run when it's overcast or when the sun is just beginning to come up.
6. being able to wear sneakers and my dri-fit Nike yoga pants on a regular basis: They're breathable, form-fitting and comfy. Don't judge.
Notice that most of my favorites are food-related? Always thinking with my stomach, that's me.
Thanksgiving 2011

No comments:
Post a Comment