Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Results Are In

Holy. Crap.

I PASSED THE BAR EXAM.

Really? What the hell happened? I mean, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I am stunned beyond belief.

The funny thing is, I had no idea that the results had been posted online yesterday. I was sitting in the car with my sis-in-law early this morning when I noticed that RR, my lovely law school roommate, had left me a voicemail. I called her back, and this was the conversation:

RR: CONGRATULATIONS!

Me: Um, for what?

RR: Didn't you know? You passed the bar!

Me: Are you f****** kidding me? Oh my God. Are you sure? There's no way.

Yeah, I tend to swear when I'm startled/shocked/excited. I made RR double-check several times before I finally believed her.

I'm still stunned. It just doesn't seem possible: I studied for less than two weeks total, and only a few hours per day. I spent most of my time traveling and spending time with J. I left a few essay questions blank because they covered topics I didn't study at all. And after I finished the exam, I was so convinced that I had failed. It's really a miracle that I passed.

So the mood is festive here on the ranch--J's mom was so excited, she made ribs for dinner and an apple pie to celebrate. I love it. I was able to Skype with J for over an hour. And the Huskers rallied from a 21 point deficit to beat OSU! It's been a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Being able to click "like" on Facebook has made me extremely lazy. I almost didn't say anything when I couldn't "like" your post. Congratulations! I doubt this surprises anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the congrats and the vote of confidence :-)

    ReplyDelete