Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Anniversary Note

I just received another package from J--he's really putting me to shame. J has sent me flowers and three packages--this time, a gift basket--over the past three weeks. He really is the best ever.

Gift Message
From: J
To: sw

Hey darling, Happy Anniversary...of sorts. Soon we'll get to celebrate our wedding day, but I'll always remember and treasure the first time you said "yes" and--on a hunch--flew all the way to Asia to travel with a guy you'd only just met. Thanks for having the courage to give me a try. And thanks for seeing in me then something worth gambling on. And thanks for continuing to see it now...though for the life of me, I still can't figure out what someone so amazing could want with me anyway. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I'll spend my whole life admiring your beauty, your smarts, and your sweet good nature. Love you now and forever, J

It's enough to bring tears to my eyes...especially since he emailed me earlier today to say that he'll be traveling and that I shouldn't worry if I don't hear from him for a few days. Sigh. Of course, I'm worried, but I'm trying not to let my mind wander to worst case scenarios. Just trying to focus on the good stuff--it's been the best one year and three months of my life, and am looking forward to many more years to come.

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL. incidentally I thought you were nuts when you left on that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, I remember that! The entire office--especially Myers--thought I'd lost my mind.

    ReplyDelete