Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cross Country, Part 2: Lincoln

Ugh, I can't believe I'm just posting these pictures now...it feels like J's and my trip was eons ago.

So the day after our long detour, J and I spent the morning in Lincoln walking around downtown and touring his alma mater, UNL. Unfortunately, nothing was really open since it's the summer (and it was July 4th to boot), but we did go inside the building where he spent most of his time doing ROTC stuff. I love seeing the places that played a formative role in shaping who he is today. Now I just need to see his grandparents' ranch in Nevada and he needs to visit Harvard, Yale, and Columbia, as well as my hometown. Someday.

I tease J about being a frat boy...
not that he was a very good one, he says

 The Military and Naval Sciences Building, which houses the Det

Apparently painting murals in your own building
counts as a service project

J was Wing Commander

Lots of cool sculptures all over campus

I'm a big fan of this one

From a different angle

The very phallic Capitol building, with The Sower on top

No comments:

Post a Comment