Wow, yesterday's post was depressing. I'd like to underscore the fact that I'm usually not so gloomy and I do realize how fortunate I am; the moments of angst are fewer and farther between than my writing would otherwise indicate. To balance out my blog, here are the things that put a smile on my face:
1. Being able to walk to work -- It takes 35 to 40 minutes, but I much prefer walking to riding the metro.
2. Helplessness Blues, the new Fleet Foxes album scheduled to drop May 3 -- Gorgeous. Am also really liking Ben Nichols' The Last Pale Night in the West (2009) right now.
3. Homemade sweet potato fries -- Baked them in the oven with olive oil, salt, and turmeric. Sometimes I add a little cinnamon too.
4. Warm weather -- My roommate ST and I have returned to our weekend morning ritual of sitting on the porch and drinking coffee.
5. Catching up on episodes of 30 Rock and Glee -- Love those shows.
6. Sending cards via snail mail -- I'm a big fan of old-fashioned, handwritten cards.
7. Receiving cards from J -- The boy is a prolific writer, which makes me happy.
8. Mango popsicles -- I love mango anything and everything.
9. Stephen Colbert -- When I watch The Colbert Report, my stomach frequently hurts from laughing so hard.
10. Springtime -- DC is so beautiful and green right now, and the flowers are in bloom. The federal government does some beautiful landscaping and just planted tulips everywhere.
11. The Motown station on Pandora -- Lots of dancing around my room in my underwear.
12. These cheese cutting boards -- The perfect combination of my love of cheese and maps. Apparently you can personalize them if you want to mark a particular location with a heart or star. Too cute.
Images by AHeirloom


No comments:
Post a Comment