Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Postcards from the Road

Greetings from Maxwell AFB! J and I have relocated to Alabama for one month while J attends Squadron Officer School (SOS). Me, well, I'm looking after kiddo and have returned to work, albeit remotely and part-time.

The road trip from Denver to Montgomery was a rushed one, so we didn't have much time for sightseeing or photos (not that there was all that much to photograph along the way). We did make time for the Kansas Cosmosphere & Space Center, which turned out to be a pretty amazing museum on the history of space travel. If you ever happen to pass through the tiny town of Hutchinson, KS, be sure to check it out.




We also drove through the rather sad town of Parsons. Not much to say about it other than that we stopped to get gas and hightailed it out of there. It did have a giant cow though.





Best part of the road trip? (Other than hanging out with my husband, of course.) Eating the best fried gizzards I've ever tasted from a gas station in Kansas and fried catfish at Catfish Cafe in the outskirts of Memphis.


We're slowly settling into (military) life in Montgomery. I'm sure I'll have many more things to say about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment