Also, this happened a few months ago:
We told Jason's parents the news a few weeks before the end of the first trimester, and I very specifically asked Jason's mom to not tell anyone because it was too early. She agreed and promptly told six people. Then drama erupted because she had told one of her sisters the news but not the other one, and she "needed" to tell the other one because the first one was was stressed about the second one finding out that she already knew. Seriously? I get that my MIL is over the moon excited (this is a woman who rescued a car seat from a neighbor on her way to the trash bin and has had it hanging in her garage for the past few years), but I'd like a little discretion.
Also, after hearing about the babysitting experiences of her sisters with their own granddaughters, Jason's mom blurted to me last month that she wanted to live next door. She said it so plaintively that I couldn't even laugh, let alone try to hide the look of horror on my face.
And of course, at the far other end of the spectrum, there's my mother. I'm 22 weeks along now, and she still hasn't told a soul. She's not excited so much as worrying herself sick about my health and bombarding me with advice that vacillates between the usual prenatal admonitions and traditional Chinese superstitions. Once, she sent me six emails within an hour.
Sylvia, I read that do not drink honey while being pregnant. Mom
Try to avoid computer at weekend. Mom
How's everything? Haven't heard from you. Make sure eat well. Eggs, milk, veg with folic acid etc. Spinach, cauliflower etc. Love, Mom
If you need help for the first month when the baby is born, i would love to help out to care for the baby. Do not think so far ahead.
I suggest you both rent two bedroom apt, so you have more space. For myself, I feel more comfortable and relaxed with more space. In the future, if you both want to go to somewhere or travel, I can babysit for you. Do not worry so much. Otherwise sickness will come to you.
Make sure you eat well. Besides taking the folic acid pills, also eat vegetable with folic acid like asparagus etc. Mom
When you pack, make sure lift very light things, leave heavy stuff for Jason. Do not rush and be anxious. Otherwise miscarriage will happen easily. It is very important. Try to eat more and heavy. Love, Mom
You should walk two hrs with Jason around the neighbor after dinner. It will do you good. The more walk the better you are. Drink lots lots of water. Drink milk every day. Besides the pill you are taking, make sure you eat veggie & fruit.
Look up the internet. "Nutrition for pregnancy" Mom
Do not eat noodles, white rice, white bread. Starch can elevate blood sugar. Whole wheat bread is good for you but you need to eat enough to maintain a healthy diet right now. Eat enough meat to maintain a good weight. Eat more organic chicken. Love, Mom
More fibre food too. Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment