Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolved

Happy 2014 everyone! Yesterday, J and I spent a quiet morning watching the Nebraska-Georgia game (Nebraska actually won, surprisingly), after which we spent most of the afternoon walking on the beach. Can't beat 70 degree weather on the first of January.

Once again, it's time for New Year's resolutions. I do love making them, though a quick reflection on last year's goals reveals a most dismal lack of progress: I only read twelve books. I didn't keep a positive attitude--I had some really bad days in there. I ate a lot of sugar. I didn't practice the mandolin or violin regularly. I didn't work out four times per week, thanks to the car accident and my own lack of motivation. Overall, I'd give myself a C-, maybe a C though I'm not feeling particularly generous right now.

And so, most of this year's resolutions are carryovers from last year but they are worded differently so as to promote new habits rather than one-off goals. I've even made a spreadsheet to track my progress. Looks like I'll need to be a lot more efficient with my time.

2014 Resolutions

1.Whenever I feel irrational thinking and anxiety taking over, I will take a deep breath, talk myself down from the ledge, and distract myself.

2. Practice the banjo at least five times per week.

3. Read 25 books.

4. Meditate daily.

5. Walk/run daily, but work out at the gym least three times per week. Given my back and bone density issues, I need to do a lot of strength training.

6. Write daily. Even just a few sentences.

7. Become conversational in Tagalog. Study four times per week.

8. Become conversational in Mandarin. Study four times per week.

9. Drive daily.

10. Read my SLR manual and improve my photography skills.

11. Read the Bible daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment