How is it Christmas already???
It's been a busy, busy few weeks. I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that we left Texas just one month ago. Seems as if we've been traveling almost every weekend since we arrived at Vandenberg--Thanksgiving with my parents, San Francisco for my company's holiday party, and now we're driving to Reno this weekend to see Jason's grandparents (Grandpa Wes has been rather ill) before flying out on Monday at 5am to spend TWO days in Nebraska.
Work has been busier than I'd like, as companies rush to get their deals on the books before year end. It's been a bit stressful trying to keep up. And let's not even go into the stress-fest that was Thanksgiving with my parents, which felt like a total charlie foxtrot. From the helicopter parenting to my dad's terrible driving to troubleshooting my dad's printer "problems" to being forced to shop on Black Friday to Tetris-ing my parents' ginormous suitcases into our tiny Prius-C to J changing a flat on the side of the road en route to the cruise ship terminal with my dad hovering over him. I want to say never again, but obviously that's not realistic.
Anyway, this past weekend was the first we've had to ourselves. We've been hanging out a lot at Wall Beach, which is only a few miles drive from lodging. Not to rub it in, but living near the ocean has been amazing. If it weren't for the lack of a kitchen, I might want to live here forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment