1. I've been terrible at responding to voicemails and emails. I go through cycles in which I become overwhelmed by the volume and subsequent backlog of people to whom I need to respond. Sometimes, it's enough to make me retreat into hermit mode. I'll do better.
2. I've only driven twice since we got the new car. Once after the office Christmas party and once after dinner at the beer garden practically around the corner from our apartment. I can't say that I don't like to drive at all--I enjoyed driving solo through Nebraska, singing along to Darius Rucker and being alone with my thoughts--but I have to tell you, city driving makes me extremely nervous.
3. We've been watching lots of How I Met Your Mother. We only started up a few days ago and we're only on Season 4 because we'd decided back when J was still in Germany that we wanted to catch up on the show together. But it's had an unexpected, though I suppose unsurprising, side effect--namely, I've been sleeping much better since we started. Laughing before bedtime is a surefire way to rid my body of the anxiety that's been keeping me up at night.
4. We haven't been to choir rehearsal since November or so. I feel really guilty about it, but we've needed the time to ourselves. I also have difficulty motivating myself to stay downtown until 7pm and then sit for two hours, after I've spent all day sitting in front of a computer. We'll get back there at some point.
5. I'm bored at work. So what's new? TGIF.
No comments:
Post a Comment