Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! A quick and dirty update on the past few weeks:
1. I have a stomach ulcer. Maybe the ulcer caused by my law firm days never fully healed? Blood tests showed that I had the bacteria H. pylori in my stomach, and so I was on antibiotics for ten days. I still get stomach pains and feel nauseous occasionally, but am slowly healing.
2. Two weeks ago, I burned my throat on some soup that J had made. My throat became sore a few days later, but I wasn't prepared for the full-blown misery that followed. I missed four days of work and spent three of the four days sleeping. Every time I tried to show up at the office, my boss (love her) sent me home after five minutes.
3. While still sick, I twisted my ankle as I walked down some stairs. Yours truly is uber clumsy.
4. J caught my sore throat. Sorry, dear.
5. We spent Thanksgiving in LA with my parents. It was a short visit, but the trip was well worth it. My mother was *really* happy that we were home--I don't think I've ever seen her so ebullient and talkative. It was good to see her in better spirits, especially since she's been pretty sick for awhile. The doctors found abnormal cells in her stomach last month, which they think are cancerous. She's due for an ultrasound and further tests in December, so thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.
6. We finally bought a TV! It's mostly for watching movies, as we decided to not spring for cable.
7. I put up some Christmas decorations last weekend and our couch arrives tomorrow. I almost feel like a real adult. Almost.
8. And now it's back to the daily grind. TGIF.


No comments:
Post a Comment