Monday, October 1, 2012

Mini-Moon

Just returned from our quick honeymoon to Rocky Mountain National Park and Aspen, and they were amazing. RMNP was beautiful, but the scenery outside of Aspen was nothing short of breathtaking. I've seen countless pictures of the aspens in autumn, but I was still surprised (and awed) by how stunning the foliage and landscape were in person. Plus, there's nothing like standing above the tree line and gazing down at glaciers, crystal lakes, and tundra. Truly an awesome few days. On a related note, did you know that if you're active duty military or a dependent, you can get a yearly pass that provides you with free access to every national park? Awesome.

Outside of our hotel in Boulder

Rocky Mountain National Park

I *finally* got my wildlife sighting

Elk butt in Rocky Mountain National Park

It was freezing at that altitude and we ran into some
snow and rain, but totally worth it

Independence Pass

Independence Pass

On the way out of Glenwood Springs

I had an elk burger here--it was nice and gamey

Outside the diner

Our B&B in downtown Aspen

On the way to Maroon Bells

Maroon Bells Snowmass

Aspens

My husband

Smiley, happy people

No comments:

Post a Comment