Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day Recap

Hope y'all had a wonderful Fourth of July! I spent a pleasant day brunching, hanging out and watching the movie Stripes with MD. If you haven't seen Stripes, it's a Bill Murray classic in which two misfits (Murray and Harold Ramis) join the Army and endure six weeks of boot camp. A hilariously over the top film, and a good movie for Independence Day if ever there were one.

Of course MD and I couldn't help but constantly point out the movie's inaccuracies (we do this frequently during Star Trek movies too). Me: "Um, isn't Bill Murray's hair a bit too long? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be allowed to smoke either." MD: "There was no time for sitting around and playing cards or shooting the shit like that. And we wouldn't be caught dead in a bar in uniform." Yeah, we're nerds. We also talked politics and caught up on gossip and Skyped with J. A good, quiet day, which is what I needed since my body is still recovering from its bout with the stomach flu.

And now it's back to real life. At least it's already Thursday...

Larimer Street, yesterday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment