Saturday, June 30, 2012

Random Thoughts

Soundtrack for the day: Undun, The Roots

1. Naked male ass doesn't turn me on. Unless it's my husband's. Last night, KT, ED, and I grabbed drinks and took in a showing of Magic Mike, which was inspired by Channing Tatum's (the lead actor) pre-Hollywood life as a male stripper. An entertaining story in which there was an overabundance of naked male ass, but the latter didn't really do it for me. Call me crazy, but I don't really want to see the bum of anyone but my J. Okay, you can all collectively vomit now.

2. I survived the week. It was another interminable five days of mindnumbing work, but I survived. And next week is only a four day week! I'll probably have to work on the Fourth of July, but at least I'll be able to do it from home.

3. My writing continues. Despite my busy work schedule, I've made more time for writing, the novel and otherwise, even if it means squeezing it in between merger agreements and pricings. I guess I should clarify that I started on the novel back in February while I was doing contract work. I had a random moment one evening when a scene and two names popped into my head. It was the strangest feeling that I can't really explain, but I felt compelled to grab my laptop and record as much as I could. I chalk it up to divine inspiration.

4. Am so excited for the plethora of incredible music in store over the next few months. A group of us just bought tickets for Mumford & Sons at Red Rocks on August 28th, which will be so much fun. J and I also have tickets to My Morning Jacket/Band of Horses at Red Rocks on August 4th and The Head and the Heart/Blitzen Trapper in Boulder on September 23rd. I love that we're both obsessed with music and share such similar tastes. Can't wait.

5. I am addicted to knitting. ED taught me this past Monday and I'm completely hooked. I could do this all day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment