Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

Can it really be March already? Oh, I am so excited! I feel like I've been waiting for-EVER for this month to arrive. It's still going to be a little while before I see J, but this most anticipated moment is getting ever so close. Unfortunately, J will be super busy and out and about during the weeks before his departure, so communication may be difficult if not non-existent. That unsettles me. I know it's only for a few weeks, but that kind of change is unsettling even if it's change that will eventually result in something good. Remember the comfortable mundanity I mentioned earlier? There's a certain level of reassurance that comes from being in the middle of the doldrums; these days, I'm wracked by a combination of anxiety, impatience, and excitement.

I've been struggling with headaches yesterday and today. It's frustrating that I still suffer from the ill effects of an accident that took place over five months ago, but post-concussive syndrome can last up to one year and I'm grateful that my symptoms aren't more severe.

This past month has been an interesting one. Some days, I've felt great: I get a lot of writing done, I play the piano for a few hours, the sun is shining, my apartment immaculate. Other days, I've struggled with missing J and trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, as my tolerance for the daily grind of legal work diminishes at an exponential rate. But it's March! Time is a-flying and the change of scenery will do me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment