Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Status Update: Looking Up

Thanks, everyone, for the concern and well wishes. Things have dramatically improved since my last post as my headaches have subsided and I've finally been able to unpack and settle into my new place. I'm starting to remember the reasons why I wanted to get my own apartment downtown--unlimited space to do yoga, the freedom to explore coffee shops and bookstores at will, having my own kitchen and being able to cook healthy, being able to walk around in my underwear...I could go on. Now that my head has stopped hurting, living in my own place feels good. Really good.

In other news, on the same day that my head began feeling better, I received a few emails/phone calls from headhunters and others about job leads and progress on that front. Still too early to tell if any of this will bear serious fruit, but it could be promising. And that's all I'll say about that, to avoid jinxing myself.

It's amazing though, that whenever you think you've hit bottom--or at least, a new low--and hopelessness starts settling in, the universe surprises you. God (or whoever you might believe in) always has a few tricks up his sleeve when I least expect it...that's how my life always seems to operate anyway. Life *is* an adventure--and as long as I remain optimistic and keep the faith, it will take me where I need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment