Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day of Thanks

There are SO many things for which I am thankful:

1. My amazing friends. Friends who email me long missives and check in on me and send gummy candy care packages. Friends who have taken it upon themselves to help me out and call me and make introductions and do as much as they can to ensure that I'm not alone, that I'm doing okay out here. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

2. My wonderful family. Family members who have done so much for me and have gone out of their way to take care of me. I'm so thankful for their generosity and kindness and love.

3. The love of my life. Finding him. How many people don't ever get the opportunity? True love, that feeling of "I need you and want you and can't ever be without you" is so rare, and I am beyond grateful for J, the one person who is so perfect for me in every way.

4. The ranch life. The good life. I'd always had a pipe dream of living a simple life in the middle of nowhere, but never in a million years did I ever think that it would happen. On the other side of the world, J had given up on finding a girl--even one from Nebraska, let alone one from DC--who wanted to live on a ranch. Against all odds, J and I were introduced and seventeen months later, we're doing all we can to get back to the ranch as soon as possible.

5. For being alive. When my father-in-law recently drove past the site of my accident, he noticed that I flipped over between two overpasses. Had I flipped over 50 feet earlier or 50 feet later, I would have smashed into cement walls. Had I flipped over 500 feet earlier, I would have fallen 10 feet below onto the road below. I know my health issues have been a source of stress over the past few months, but things could have been so much worse. Every day is a blessing.

6. For you all. My readers. Thank you for being a part of the catharsis. Thank you for being a part of my life. Hope y'all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving with you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment