Thursday, November 10, 2011

10 Random Things Today

1. My in-laws drove into the city and moved my dresser, a bookshelf, and some more boxes into my apartment. They are the best.

2. We took Gnarlie and Sadie to Cheesman Park--they are such country dogs, a little apprehensive of the city, fascinated by the scents left by other dogs, and completely unaccustomed to being on leashes. They kept stumbling over their own feet and kept looking at me like, "What exactly are we doing? This isn't a walk when we have these things around our necks." Super cute.

3. Am listening to "Cataracts" by Andrew Bird and Birdy's cover of "Shelter" while unpacking. Good, mellow music for the evening.

4. I suppose it's time for me to uninstall the "Next Metro DC" app from my iPhone.

5. My addiction to gummy candy knows no bounds.

6. I really love having wood floors in my apartment. Really really really love it. Not sure why it's such a big thing for me.

7. My mother wants me to wear jewelry with my wedding dress--like, a pearl necklace and earrings. She was like, "You're just going to wear a strapless dress with no decoration [bad translation of a Chinese word]?" YES. I *hate* wearing jewelry (other than my engagement ring). Not doing it.

8. But my parents did pay for my wedding dress as part of my wedding present. That was really nice of them...you know, since I only bought one because they wanted me to. But seriously, it was very, very generous of them.

9. I took this on my way to a job-related meeting--


10. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment