Hello, dear readers. Yours truly has returned to Denver and to blogging...except that I'm headed for San Antonio to spend a final few days with J before he heads to the desert for six months.
Hard to believe that I've been away from blogging for almost one month now. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of packing and unpacking and flying back and forth across the Atlantic. I'm not sure how summer is already almost over--I must have blinked and missed it, because I'm pretty sure it was just yesterday that J and I were trekking across the Midwest. But the evenings are noticeably shorter, the weather no longer unbearably hot, and soon the aspens will start changing color.
I'm beyond excited to run into J's arms tomorrow. He's been at combat skills training for the past two weeks, sleeping in tents, suffering through 100 degree weather in 40 pounds of gear, with no phone and sporadic, spotty Internet access. It's not been easy on either of us...none of this has. We don't do separation well. I'm so proud of him though, of everything that he's done and everything that he will do, and I can't wait to hold him and tell him all of that in person. I don't have the words to adequately describe how excited we are for the opportunity to be together, even for just a few days, but our time will be overshadowed by the specter of yet another wrenching good bye. This one will be the hardest by far, and it makes me tear up now just thinking about it. I've done all I can to prepare myself for that moment, but I know that it will be one of the most difficult of my life. For now though, we'll make the most of what we have, enjoy San Antonio, and then I'll go from there.
See y'all in a few.
No comments:
Post a Comment