1. My friends. I've made so many good friends here over the past 2 years. It's going to be really tough to say good bye.
2. Wearing flip-flops in November. I love the endless springs and autumns--Denver is going to be quite the shock to my system.
3. Running around the Capitol building at 5:30, 6am. Having the Mall literally all to myself. Such an amazing feeling to watch the sun rise over the Washington Monument while standing between the World War II Memorial and the Lincoln Monument.
4. The metro. As far as I can tell, Denver's public transportation system sucks. And its light rail mainly goes north-south. Very strange.
5. Cava Mezze. There's nothing like flaming cheese and lamb chops and baby octopus. I'm sure I'll find good Greek restaurants in other places, but Cava is amazing.
6. The architecture and history of DC. So many beautiful, historic buildings and fascinating stories. DC has been paradise for this history and political science nerd.
7. Summer rooftop BBQs. I mean, check out this (reflected) view:
8. The Source. Wolfgang Puck's restaurant became my after work watering hole. I celebrated my birthday there last year. And the year before.
9. Cherry blossoms.

No comments:
Post a Comment