JAC and MC's wedding was, by far, the fanciest, most lavish affair I've ever attended. The ceremony took place at the Iglesia San Pedro, the largest cathedral in Lima, and the 450 person reception was held at the National Club. Both were gorgeous, historic venues that took my breath away.
wedding ceremony
the receiving line
at the receptionThe reception was great--no speeches, no real hoopla, just music and dancing the entire time. I don't think I saw MC sit down once because she was on the dance floor all night. I spoke to JAC a few days ago, and he confirmed that she neither sat down nor ate.
And the food! Not only did they serve amazing French food and offer a full-on sushi bar, but there was an entire ROOM devoted to dessert. Ridiculous.
the dessert roomAround 2am, they released the balloons and the crowd went wild. Felt like New Year's.

JAC and MC didn't dispense with all of the wedding traditions--there was a bouquet toss. I wasn't having any of it. My friends pushed me up there, but I wasn't about to jump for anything.

JAC and MC didn't dispense with all of the wedding traditions--there was a bouquet toss. I wasn't having any of it. My friends pushed me up there, but I wasn't about to jump for anything.

By 2:30am, J and I were exhausted and caught a cab back to our hotel with a few other people, but the festivities continued until at least 5. It was definitely one of the best weddings I've ever attended--am really glad that J and I were able to share the day with JAC and MC, despite the robbery and all of the other shenanigans that took place.
J, me & JAC
final shot of our night

No comments:
Post a Comment